It Is Finished Audio

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Heart of a Giver

Mathew 25:40 "The King will reply, "Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did it for me."

          It was the year 2006 and Illinois had received a lot of snow and ice. The ice weighed so heavily on the electric lines that it caused many people's utilities to go completely out. The power company was scrambling to answer thousands of residents' calls concerning their non-electric status according to news reports. However, despite their best efforts, some had to go days without having any source of electricity and heat.
          Many went to family members' homes who still had their utilities running. Others crashed at homes of friends, business co-workers, and heated shelters for protection. I was one of the fortunate ones to have encountered no problems with mine. It was truly a blessing because I was running a home-based childcare business, which would have been affected if my utilities had gone out.
          Due to many people knowing that I was still up and running, I was asked by some if they could stay with me until their utilities were restored. Without a question in my mind, I immediately said yes. I always had the philosophy that it could be me tapping on someone's door one day. Even if that weren't the case, it was the Christian thing to do.
          Do your posess the heart of a giver? Are you happy when you are in the position to help others? I don't know about you, but I just love being able to help others. Even when I have been in need myself, it has never stopped me from doing whatever I could to be a blessing to someone else. I truly believe the saying that what you do with a little, you will do with a lot.
          It reminds me of the story in the Bible about the widow and Elijah. He was hungry and needed something to eat. However, the widow had very little and was about to make the last of what she had for herself and her son. They were preparing to die. However, Elijah told the widow to make his food first, and there would be enough to feed them. She obeyed what he said, and they did not starve to death. Now, what if she only had thought about herself and her son? She wouldn't have received the blessing from the man of God.
          I have been so blessed to have been able to be a blessing to others, and many have been just as much of a blessing to me even if it were just through their prayers. It is a hard world to live in and many have had to rely on others to help them through difficult times. Therefore, I am grateful for everyone who has blessed me along the way, and trust me when I say, it will one day be definitely returned. May God bless and keep you.

No comments:

Post a Comment