It Is Finished Audio

Monday, February 24, 2014

Shoot for the Moon, You may just get a Star!

Shoot for the Moon, You may just get a Star!
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Everyone should set goals for themselves! There shouldn’t be one person breathing who doesn’t have a goal of some sort to attain in life. Rather it be getting a promotion, starting a new business, going on a vacation or paying of a debt, goals are needed. 3 John 1:2 Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well. (NIV) In this scripture, John was wishing that his friend be blessed. We should not only wish it for ourselves, but we should wish the best for others. We are more stronger together than we are apart. Therefore, we should encourage one another to attain those goals and deep down desires.
I remember when I had been discharged from the Navy, my first plan of action was to go to college. There weren’t any college graduates in my immediate family and so I was determined to be the first. I immediately registered in school for the upcoming semester and hit the books the entire time. I used my GI Bill and Illinois Veteran’s grant to fund it and I finished a 4-year degree in 3 years. I was determined that nothing or no one was going to stop me from accomplishing this goal and therefore, I Did It! I was very proud to have been able to be the first in my immediate family to leave college with a degree in my hand.
God loves for us to set goals for our lives. The Bible says Faith without works is dead. It is great to have faith, but we must do the necessary work that is needed and then allow God to step in and do the rest. He is so faithful even when things do not go as we planned. We can set our course, but we must allow God to steer the ship. He knows the plans that He has for us and sometimes, it may not go according to what we desired. However, as long as we give it our best, He will do the rest. Make those goals! Set your course! Go sailing and allow God to be the Captain of your ship. He will guide you and let your know what path to take. You may not hear Him right away, but He will eventually let you know what course to go on. Take care and be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment