It Is Finished Audio

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Weight of Negativity

In the childhood story, “The Engine that Could”, it tells about a train that helped others to get to their destination. After being bypassed by other trains, the awaiting passengers, after almost losing hope, decided to give it another try after being stranded and asked an oncoming train if it could help. The train wasn’t negative like the other trains were. In fact, the train kept repeating the phrase, “I think I can, I think I can.” Needless to say, they arrived at their desired destination.
          The Bible says in Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. This is an important verse to keep in mind when trying to do anything in life. It doesn’t have to be just weight loss, but this goes for anything that God has placed in your heart. When dealing with weight, there are so many factors that are involved. One of those things is listening to nay-sayers. I have found out that it is not good to tell everyone your goals. Some people can find a dart on a blank board.
          It’s not that all of them are meaning ill will towards you; it’s just that they can’t see the positive in many situations. Most of them have a negative view of their own life and therefore, their conversation transfers negativity into your ears. This is why I have learned to keep some things just between God and me. If they can’t help, they don’t need to know.
          Many of us are carrying around bags that were dropped off at our front door. We carry them without ever dropping off the load. What I mean is that we rerun the negative things people have said about us over and over again without ever letting go. You may wonder why some dreams you have had never came to fruition. It may be that you allowed someone to give you a stormy forecast and therefore, you abandoned the dream altogether.
          Never let someone’s view of you keep you from accomplishing what you want in life. Ask God for guidance in your life and He will help you. If you don’t have people that will support your Godly dream, you may need to distance yourself from their conversation. There are many things that I wouldn’t have accomplished in life if I had listened to negative people. Negative people cast their fears onto you. I say to you, don’t let them.

          There’s an actress who recently walked the red carpet in a dress critics thought was unappealing because of her size. Well, she let them know that even though the comments hurt, she was on the red carpet while they were on the couch. Yes! That’s the spirit! Don’t worry about the critics! As you rise in all humbleness, they will watch you soar. Stay blessed everyone and don’t forget to check out my books on my website at www.klrich.com. God bless!