It Is Finished Audio

Friday, April 25, 2014

Do Black Women Need to Explore More Dating Options?


Numbers 12:1 and Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman. (KJV)

Numbers 12:9 And the anger of the Lord was kindled against them; and he departed. And the cloud departed from off the tabernacle; and, behold, Miriam became leprous, white as snow: and Aaron looked upon Miriam, and, behold she was leprous. (KJV)

This coming Tuesday, I will be a guest on the radio show, “No He Didn’t” with host, Lovely Lasha. The topic will be dealing with the plight of Black Women when it comes to dating and if interacial dating is okay. As you know, I recently did this subject and some of the responses were interesting. Some people were for it and some were absolutely against. Let’s check out some of the responses that I received and for the sake of privacy, I have changed the names.

A FEW RESPONSES

Kelly—St. Louis, Mo says, “I don’t see anything wrong with interacial dating. God created us all as equals and therefore, no race is superior to another. Love doesn’t have a color and therefore, wherever you can find love…go for it. People spend too much time hating and not loving one another. Why should someone pass up love just because the person is from another race? I think that’s crazy. Even though I am not in an interacial relationship as a black woman, I definitely don’t see anything wrong with it.

Tracy—Detroit, Michigan says, “I definitely wouldn’t date a white man. There is too much history for us to even go there. Our ancesters suffered at the hands of white racist men and I don’t think people should date whites. I’m not racist, but because they treated our ancestors in such a poor manner, I don’t think that we should cross over.

Frank—Baltimore, Maryland says, “A lot of the “sisters” have attitudes. That is why a lot of sisters are still single. They carry with them all this baggage about what the last man did to them or they want to be Ms. Independent and then complain when they don’t have a man. Now, I am not saying that all sisters are like this, but a lot of them are. I feel that you should date whomever you want to. Yea, I am dating a white woman and I have a child with her. She treats me good and that’s what matters.”

Darious—Phoenix, Arizona says, “I like to date my sisters as well as other races too. I just date whomever fits me. Personally, I don’t have a problem with it. However, I know that some do and to each its own.”

Mia—California says, “I am not dating another race. I want to have a black man and I know that there is one out there for me. I just don’t think that I could do it and I wouldn’t feel comfortable dating outside of my race. I think it causes too many problems. They don’t understand us like we do and never will. I know people say that love has no color, but I still would prefer to be with my own race and with someone that can relate to me culturally.

Overall, most people didn’t have a problem with it. However, a few did. As I mentioned before, I definitely don’t see a problem with dating someone of a different race. I think that black women need to be more open to that possiblity. I hear of so women who are depressed because they don’t have anyone. They find themselves lonely and as the years go by, they sink deeper into a depressed state still waiting on “Mr. Black Right” if there is such. However, what about just being with Mr. Right. I mean, does it have to be a certain race that you are holding out for? Isn’t it more important to allow God to just send you the right person even if that person is from another race?

Now, most black women try to hold out for the brothers, but a lot of the “brothers” aren’t holding out for black sisters. After all, between the ones who are gay, inprisoned, gigalos, still staying at home with the momma at 40 years old, 5 baby mommas with 9 kids, and thugs…the selection pool looks scarce. On top of that, we are the minority of the minority when you look at the black males who are already dating outside of their race. Again, where does that leave black women…as I said before, with OPTIONS.

Some people feel that people should not intermarry with other races. However, God made us one in Him and therefore, He loves us all the same. Of course, this may not go without some obstacles because of the mindsets of some people  who want to hold on to racist ideologies such as the Klu Klux Klan (KKK). However, the United States Supreme Court declared it unconstitutional in 1967 for there to be laws against interracial marriage. Therefore, we in the United States are free to marry whomever we choose. Galatians 3:28-29 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. (NIV)

"No He Didn't" Radio Show with Host Lovely Lasha on mixlr.com/mytalknation/showreel is having me as a guest Next Tuesday. Topic...Black Women and Interracial Dating. This is sure to be a subject to have the lines buzzing. Tune in next week at 9pm CST.

No comments:

Post a Comment