It Is Finished Audio

Sunday, February 21, 2016

I AM Speaks through a Burning Bush


Who is God? I AM Speaks through a Burning Bush

Exodus 3:14-15 God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ” God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The Lord, the God of your fathers – the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob – has sent me to you. ‘ This is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation. (NIV)


               God made a covenant with Abraham that he would become the father of many nations.  Abraham and Sarah had spent many years without children of their own, but God let Abraham know that he would not die without an heir and that his descendants would be as numerous as the stars in the sky. However, God also let him know that his descendants would be enslaved, but He would rescue them and punish their enslavers. Genesis 15:13-14 Then the Lord said to him, “Know for certain that your descendants will be strangers in a country not their own, and they will be enslaved and mistreated four hundred years. But I will punish the nation they serve as slaves, and afterward they will come out with great possessions. (NIV) God had a plan of action to rescue His people even before they were enslaved. This lets us know that God knows the beginning from the end and nothing catches Him off guard. Isaiah 46:10 I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand and I will do all that I please. (NIV)
 
 

               Pharaoh, ruler of Egypt, had made an order for all the Hebrew baby boys to be killed at birth. He thought of them as a threat because God had allowed them to multiply to great numbers. Therefore, he felt that he could slow down their growth by enforcing this new act. However, the midwives did not do as Pharaoh had commanded and therefore, was blessed by God to have families of their own. Exodus 1:15-17 (15)The king of Egypt said to the Hebrew midwives, whose names were Shiprah and Puah, (16)”When you help the Hebrew women in childbirth and observe them on the delivery stool, if it is a boy, kill him; but if it is a girl, let her live.” (17)The midwives, however, feared God and did not do what the king of Egypt had told them to do; they let the boys live. (NIV) Pharaoh was insistent upon his wishes being followed, so he gave an order to all his people to throw every Hebrew baby boy into the River Nile but, allow the baby girls live. 


               Moses was born during the time of this evil Pharaoh’s reign and was raised by his daughter. However, God used him to do a great work for His people. Moses left the palace from which he was raised after murdering an Egyptian who was beating a Hebrew slave. Moses fled Egypt for fear of his life and went to the country of Midian. While there, he made a home for himself by marrying and having two sons. However, God had much larger plans for Moses and made sure to get his attention. Exodus 3:2-4 (2)There the angel of the Lord appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. (3)So Moses thought, “I will go over and see this strange sight – why the bush does not burn up.” (4)When the Lord saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush “Moses! Moses!” And Moses said, “Here I am.” (NIV)

               God had chosen Moses to rescue His people from bondage. It wasn’t that Moses was perfect or had lived a totally upright life. However, God often uses imperfect people to execute His perfect will and in the case of Moses, this was what God had done. Exodus 3:9-10 And now the cry of the Israelites has reached me, and I have seen the way the Egyptians are oppressing them. So now, I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people the Israelites out of Egypt. (NIV) Nevertheless, Moses did not have the confidence to know that he could do the task because God himself had selected him. Moses ask God who should he say sent him. Exodus 3:14-15 (14)God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ” (15)God also said to Moses “Say to the Israelites, ‘The Lord, the God of your fathers – the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob – has sent me to you. This is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation. (NIV)

               I AM told Moses what to say to the Children of Israel, so that they would recognize Who was sending him. To give even more clarity into who I AM was, He told Moses to let them know that He was the God of their forefathers. I AM brought it home to them, so that they would understand the type of personal God that He was. I AM could have just said that He was the Creator of all things, but He knew that they needed a personal God for a personal situation. His introduction to them let them know, first, that I AM always is, has been, and always will be; second, He was the I AM of their forefathers, to whom He had been Lord of and blessed in the past. Therefore, I Am was the same God who never changes and had the  ability to do the same for them as well. Malachi 3:6 “I the Lord do not change. So you, O descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed.” (NIV)
            I AM is a consistent God who never changes and His character remains the same. He is the I AM of all situations in our lives. There is nothing that is impossible for Him or that catches Him by surprise. I AM plans our destinies even when we go off course. In the case of Moses, I AM knew before the beginning of time that Moses’ life would take a certain path which would lead him out of Egypt, but I AM had already planned a reroute to be utilized for His service. Ephesians 1:4-5 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will. (NIV) This lets us know that even when we make human errors in life, I AM who is all-knowing and all-seeing has a plan that was created from the beginning of time to place us on the path that He has destined for our lives.
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. (NIV)
 
Join us for Blog Talk Radio M-W-Th-F-Su at 5:30 p.m. EST by calling in LIVE at 347-426-3031 or www.BlogTalkRadio.com/ItIsFinished with Evangelist K L Rich.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment