It Is Finished Audio

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

I AM the LIght of the World

Who is God?
I AM the Light of the World

John 8:12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I AM the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life. (NIV) 

                In the beginning of the world, I AM created light. He spoke it into existence and it became so. Genesis 1:3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. (NIV) I AM is the eternal light for darkness cannot dwell in His mist. When Moses had gone up to Mount Sinai and received the 10 Commandments, the Children of Israel could not stand to look at him because his face shined from the glory of I AM. Exodus 34:29 When Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the Testimony in his hands, he was not aware that his face was radiant because he had spoken with the Lord. (NIV) Moses had to put a veil over his face whenever he had been in the presence of God and spoke to the Children of Israel. This is why there will be no need for a sun or moon in Heaven because I AM is the Light. Revelation 21:23 The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. (NIV)


               Jesus let us know that He is the Light that was on the earth, but the world as we know it today is becoming increasingly dark. This is why it is important to allow the Light of I AM to shine through us. John 9:4-5 “As long as it is day, we must do the work of him who sent me. Night is coming when no one can work. While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.” (NIV) The world needs the Light and because Jesus lives in us, the world should be able to see I AM’s glory in us just as the Children of Israel saw it with Moses. It should be so bright that it draws people to Him. John 12:46 I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness. (NIV) Nevertheless, there will be those who will reject I AM’s light and therefore, will be lost as a result of choosing to be in eternal darkness. John 3:19-21 (19)This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. (20)Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. (21)But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God. (NIV)
 
 
               How do you obtain the Light of I AM? You do so by living in accordance to the Word of God. I AM has given us His Word as a Light for us to follow. Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. Because I AM calls for us to live according to righteousness, He has given us a guide to follow, so that we will not be blind as to His will. Isaiah 42:6-7 “I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles, to open eyes that are blind to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness. (NIV)


          Let us be the Light of I AM so that we can be brightness to shine in a world full of darkness to those who have been blinded by the deceptions of the devil. 2 Corinthians 4:4-6 (4)The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. (5) For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. (6) For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. (NIV)


No comments:

Post a Comment