It Is Finished Audio

Friday, August 11, 2023

Who Do You Go To First?

 

Image result for phonecall

Who do you go to first? Oftentimes, when people are faced with challenges in life, they want to talk to someone about it. They pick up the phone, announce it on social media, tell their family and/or friends, and discuss it on the job. However, have any of these people truly been able to solve one’s problems? I used to be that way, and when there was a challenge, everyone in my circle knew about it. However, as I began to grow more in Christ, I understood that the first person I should go to was the ONE who could solve all my problems. This is not to say that we should never talk to anyone. Nevertheless, if that person did not wake you up in the morning, got you through the day, and supernaturally provided for you in times past and present, why are they the FIRST ones you go to? Jesus said, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28). The keywords for this topic are the pronouns “me and I.” Jesus is saying to come to HIM because HE is the ONE who can answer and supply all of our needs in accordance with His will. The ones we often go to can do nothing for us; some will even gossip about the situation. Spiritual discernment is needed even with the ones you think you can trust. Therefore, why not go to JESUS first instead of making Him the last resort? He is always waiting and available to hear our every concern. And one thing you can know for sure is where others may not have your back or be able to help you, Jesus has you covered at a 360° angle.

No comments:

Post a Comment