It Is Finished Audio

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Call Upon the Name

The Names of God

          Romans 10:13 For,  "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." (NIV)



          Do you know that God has many names? Yes, He absolutely does! Why is that? Well, all throughout the Bible, there were people who had various situations that they encountered in their lives and they gave God names that spoke to their situation and what He did for them. We find this in the case of Abraham. God told Abraham to sacrifice his son, Isaac, as a test to see if he would remain faithful to him despite having to give up the son he loved. Abraham passed the test because as he was getting ready to bring down the knife upon his son, an angel of the Lord stopped him. Instead of sacrificing Isaac, God provided a ram in the bush. Abraham called the place The Lord Will Provide (Jehovah-Jireh). Genesis 22:14 So Abraham called that place The Lord Will Provide. And to this day it is said, “On the mountain of the Lord it will be provided.” (NIV) God has a name that will speak to any situation in your life. All you have to do is call on His name and He will speak into your need. Here are a few names of God:



Jehovah Shammah (God is Present with me or the Lord is there.) Ezekiel 48:35 “The distance all around will be 18,000 cubits. “And the name of the city from that time on will be: the Lord is there.” (NIV)


Jehovah Rohi (God is my Shepherd.) Psalm 23:1 The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. (NIV)


Jehovah Rophe (God is my Healer.) Exodus 15:26 He said, “If you listen carefully to the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals you.” (NIV)


Jehovah Tsidkenu (God is my Righteousness.) Jeremiah 23:6 In his days Judah will be saved and Israel will live in safety. This is the name by which he will be called: The Lord Our Righteous Savior. (NIV)


Jehovah M’Kiddish (God is my Sanctification.) Leviticus 20:8 Keep my decrees and follow them. I am the Lord who makes your holy. (NIV)


Jehovah Shalom (God is my peace.) Judges 6:24 So Gideon built an altar to the Lord there and called it The Lord is Peace. To this day it stands in Ophrah of the Abiezrites. (NIV)


Jehovah Nissi (God is my Banner.) Exodus 17:15 Moses built an altar and called it The Lord is my Banner. (NIV)


No comments:

Post a Comment